At Perthshire Women’s Aid our Women’s Support Service provides a variety of different support options and services for anyone identifying as a woman who is experiencing, or has experienced, domestic abuse. In the first instance we understand that many women just want to be listened to by someone who will believe them and validate their experience. We offer:
- Dedicated support workers with specialist knowledge and understanding of the issues that surround domestic abuse
- Options to meet at our offices, in your own home (if it is safe to do so) or anywhere safe in Perthshire and Kinross
- Emotional support
- Practical support such as help with safety planning, money, housing or benefits
- Telephone support
- Refuge – these are ‘safe houses’ located across Perthshire
- Help sourcing alternative safe accommodation
- Freedom Programme – aimed at discussing the different behaviours of abusers and contrasting this with healthy relationships.
- Person centred counselling service
- Signposting to external agencies
- Our Women’s Support Service works closely alongside a dedicated Children & Young People’s Service and the Cedar Project – a group work project aimed at helping families recover from domestic abuse.
“Since working with you, my life has completely changed. I feel more confident than I’ve ever done before, I don’t feel guilty, and I don’t feel it was my fault.”
Women’s Support Service, Outreach Service | Service User feedback 2016
If you are experiencing domestic abuse please remember that you are not responsible for the abuse and you are not alone.
You do not need to stay in an abusive situation – there are alternative options open to you and we are here to discuss these with you.